Monday, January 10, 2011

Caine's 5-hour No Knead bread

3 c flour (dip, level, pour please)
1.5 tsp salt
7 grams yeast
Mix em (I use a whisk.)
Add 1.5 c water
Fork it til it's "wet and shaggy" (Caine says, it will look wrong.)
**Please us a fork, too. I was lazy and kept using the whisk. It worked, but was a bitch to get the dough out of in the end.**
Cover with plastic wrap(I usually mark my plastic wrap with a sharpie so I remember when it's 'done.')
Wait 3 hours
Turn it out onto an (olive)oiled board and fold it 2 times
**This is where you can fold in other yummies, like roasted garlic and/or herbs. I just added home dried basil because I was too lazy to roast garlic and it was late. Next time, Gadget!**
Cover it on the board for 30 min
Preheat dutch oven and lid to 400°
Put dough in dutch oven w/seam side up (Can also pour some olive oil on dough. Paddy really 'poured' too.)
Cover and bake for 30 minutes
Uncover and cook for 15 minutes


Slice, slather with butter, eat.
Start your next loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment